December 14, 2007

HDTV and a DVR


I would never describe myself as a TV fanatic. Though my most productive days are when I don't turn the idiot tube on. There has been a development though I want to talk about. We have had a DVR now for 3 years and I don't want to ever go without it again. We haven't watched a commercial in ages. It's beautiful, we just fast forward right through the darn things. It has been a sweet deal especially now we are in the Eastern Time zone, which may as well be the "twilight zone." I hate the ET zone but that's for a later pot. But with the DVR we are able to just set the DVR to record our shows and then watch them whenever we want them, sweet. Recently we have purchased a HDTV, high definition television. I really didn't think it would be a big deal but decided to pick up an HD antenna at the store to see how good the picture is. First before I speak to the picture quality let me explain something. We moved from our house in Illinois that had a movie theater in it. One hundred and twenty inches of high def, movie watching experience. (PS we also coined a new phrase here. I wanted to put in stadium seating but we decided to do two rows one regular seating and the 2nd row a nice bed. We called it "stadium bedding". There is nothing like watching a movie in your PJ"S laid out. Nice, very nice.) So we have discerning eyes when it comes to the images we see. The TV paired with a free off air antenna delivered the best picture I have ever seen. I try to stop talking about it, I feel like a broken record when we watch it. I will constantly say to S, "look at that picture, dang." Now our satelite company has a HD DVR and I am all horned up I can't wait. If you already have seen the HD picture then you know what I mean. If you have yet to upgrade to an HDTV then you are in for a surprise. Man I am wound up about this. I am not sure it is normal for a grown man to be this giddy but I can't stop. HD DVR I am coming hold on. Have a good one all........

No comments: