December 12, 2007

First Christmas without the family

This is our first Christmas in a long time we will be spending away from the family. I think S is going to follow my lead here. If I see it as a negative she will follow right along and feel in the dumps. I have been wanting to reconnect with her for a while and this is a great opportunity. She tends to just fall to crap when they leave anyway. I am trying to think up something fun to do since she has 4 days off over the Christmas holiday. We are not far from Savannah, Ga. or Key West, Fl. I personally want to see both but Key West has the added distinction of being a place I want to see before I die. It's on the list in my head. I really should write some of that list down or I will never get around to it. A little side note is this. As I stated in a previous post we are from Illinois and the weather there is horrible right now. Ice storms and freezing temperatures. When I talk to anyone back there on they always tell me about the weather. This does nothing but reinforce my wanting to stay in Florida (especially back on the GOM) Now just to make it clear I am not happy with the 80's we are experiencing here either. It is Dec. we should be in the low 70's which is the weather I love. N and I call it long sleeve t-shirt weather and that my Friends is what dreams are made of. Warm enough during the day to hang out at the beach, cool enough in the evening to wear a sweater or long sleeve t-shirt. This is my Utopia. Anyway the rest of the family is going to have a white Christmas. For us we will probably have a Beach Christmas. 13 days until Christmas and counting.

1 comment:

Sharon Pickering said...

I'm looking forward to our Christmas too. Just me and you...it is all I want for Christmas!