January 05, 2008

Good Bye 2007! Hello 2008…..

The Future is so bright....



What are the events that make a good year?
- When roll call comes on New Years day if you can answer “here” my friend you have had a good year. It’s even better if there is someone with you, who loves you.
- When your family is healthy, you can say you had a good year?
- When you have hope and excitement for the year to come, you have had a great year.

Is time going faster or are you going faster?
- I hear this more often the older I get, “wow, the year just flew by.” Did it? The last I checked there was still 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour and the clock has not sped up or slowed down since we started keeping time. For my family it was a long year of adjusting to new circumstances and long distance family ties. But it was a long year with many ups and downs. If I made a resolution it would be to start enjoying both the ups and downs of life and “Living in the moment” I believe that when you live in the moment you live a complete life.

What we want for the New Year?
- We want to spend more time with our new in-laws and Son
- We badly want our family to be back near one another again…soon.
- We want to get the Law school train going even if that is not the destination but only the journey to where we will live.
- S, I, and I daresay the kids want to go home. When I say go home I mean “put down roots.” Be somewhere long enough to feel connected to it and to the people around us. This we desperately need.

What we want for you?
-Be happy, be healthy, and love one another. This is your one trip make it count

Happy New Year everybody!



Here is a picture of home taken by Barrier Island Girl



1 comment:

Sharon Pickering said...

Great post. I especially agree with the first point.

Living in the moment is excellent.

And, who are those funny people?